WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO DESIGN AND PROTECT AT THE SAME TIME?
Developing your idea is an exciting and dynamic journey, especially as each step can bring you closer to the tantalising goal of commercial success. To support and increase this likelihood it is important to introduce the advice of Intellectual Property (IP) specialists early in the idea development process.
To make it as easy, effective and cost-efficient as possible for you, we have developed an integrated design/ intellectual property advice process with leading IP specialists, Barker Brettell. By working together early in the design process, we can identify how we can best combine useful features and styling, whilst ensuring the design is unique. This is key to a commercially successful product and will maximise the protection of your design.
Barker Brettell can also guide you as to the best routes to commercial success; such as whether to manufacture directly or to licence your specific product or idea.
WHAT WE OFFER
A patent is a right which protects how an invention works. You can use a patent to stop competitors from making...Read More
A trade mark is something which a consumer can look to, to make sure that they are purchasing your goods/services...Read More
A registered design protects the appearance of the whole or a part of a product. This includes features such as...Read More
Copyright is an unregistered right that comes into being automatically. It can be used to prevent others reproducing your...Read More
Designing your product should be fun! After all you’ve lived, breathed and dreamt your idea for weeks if not months or years before bringing it to life. Barker Brettell and Simple Design Works combine our considerable expertise with a very personal approach to our clients, allowing you to be part of the process and thoroughly enjoy it whilst still achieving the best possible design outcome and level of protection for your product or idea.
- Over 90% of our clients return
- Proven track record of taking product to market
- A strong team of creative designers & engineers with manufacturing backgrounds – we ensure an exciting design that is manufacture-friendly and cost-efficient to produce
- We offer an honest opinion for every idea and thoroughly evaluate your concept first before committing to its design – increasing your chances of commercial success
- We excel in customer care – you are our most important client
- No one is too small or too big – our clients range from start-ups to corporate giants
- We have extensive connections in industry, and we’re delighted to make introductions
- One of the largest IP firms in the UK, giving you unparalleled depth & breadth of service
- Our advice is clear and jargon-free
- Our clients range from entrepreneurs to multi-national corporations – we also have a dedicated team for start-ups
- We have an in-depth knowledge of a broad range of industries; our specialist teams work collaboratively to ensure you benefit from our deep technical expertise
- Robust IP protection within your budget – our flexible pricing structures give you cost certainty and financial control
- IP enforcement across borders – Barker Brettell has a strong track record in defending IP rights, whether UK or worldwide
SOME OF OUR CLIENTS
"So much more than a subcontract design house. They really get design, and are prepared to go the extra mile"Jim Menzies-Wilson BD Bikes
“We would recommend them to any other company looking for a one-stop solution to all their design requirements”Stuart Finlator Race Furniture
“Everything from car parts through to storage solutions. We couldn’t recommend their services enough.”Gareth Williams Hereford Glass Fibre
"SDW harness the capability to match market requirements with individual product design."G7SME Gary Thomson
“Able to solve what was a complex problem through a design that worked so well"Terence Garlick ATN Europe
"Delivered a high quality finished product ... whilst reducing our manufacturing cost by 40%"Duncan Scott Carpigiani